We’ve put together some tips for you to celebrate a safe and fun Easter with your pets! This Easter, you can include your pets in your Easter traditions too!
Dress Your Dog Up!
This is a great way to include your dog in all the Easter fun. If your fur baby will tolerate being dressed up, you can outfit him/her in a full costume, like an Easter bunny, a baby chick, or maybe just a headpiece. You could even put a little necktie scarf or bow tie. The choices really are endless!
Make some yummy, pet friendly Easter treats
This is where you need to be careful, but of course there are plenty of Easter treats fit for your dog. You can give your pet any of the regular treats, but make them more special by feeding them from a pet-safe Easter basket.
Here is a simple and delicious pet-friendly treat that can be ready in no time!
Home-made Peeps for Pups -
- Combine frozen strawberries, peanut butter, yogurt, and water in a blender. Blend until the mixture is smooth and a little smoothie.
- Pour the mixture into molds and place in the freezer for two to three hours, or until Peeps are hard.
- Remove tray from freezer and flip upside-down to remove.
Have a Pet-Friendly Easter Egg Hunt
Include your furry friends in a safe Easter egg hunt by following a few safety precautions:
- Instead of plastic eggs, you can use boiled eggs for your hunt. Boiled eggs are a healthy treat for most dogs. You can peel them first and then dye them.
- Make sure any dye used to color the eggs is non-toxic. There are plenty of organic and natural dyes to choose from.
- Only use boiled eggs for the hunts and make sure that you’re not confusing them with chocolate eggs as chocolate is very harmful to pets and must be kept away from them at all times.
Gift Them an Easter Basket
Now this is a little trickier than the Easter egg hunt, but still doable and most importantly - Loads of fun! You can just hand pick the treats you want to give them and put them in a pet-safe basket without all the Easter grass. Here are a few suggestions for your Pet-friendly Easter gifts!
- Yummy Home-made Peeps
- Some Easter Egg Basket Toys
- Chew Toys
- Summer Pawz Portable Paw Pool
- Summer Pawz Pet Sprinkler Mat